sdr_transceiver_hpsdr C-Programm mod

Software von Pavel Demin, HPSDR für den Red Pitaya
Uli DF5SF
Re: sdr_transceiver_hpsdr C-Programm mod

Beitragvon Uli DF5SF » Fr Mär 23, 2018 10:15 pm

Hallo,

Debuggen findet hauptsächlich im Kopf statt.
Dafür setze ich im Source-Code an "entscheidenden Stellen" den Befehl fprintf(stderr,......). Hiermit kann man sich Kommentare und Inhalt von Variablen anzeigen lassen.
Wenn es ganz schwierig wird lenke ich diese Ausgabe in eine Datei um 2>>.
Da ich unter Linux nicht ausdrucken kann, wird diese Datei mit FTP auf Windows übertragen und von dort gedruckt. Klinkt "amateurhaft", aber es funktioniert.
73 de Uli, DF5SF
Werner B

Beitragvon Werner B » So Mär 25, 2018 6:12 am

Hallo zusammen
auf diese Art finde ich es zu mühsam...

@Pavel
“Read the docs” keeps misleading me.
This time installing the (SDK) development machine unwillingly destroyed the existing C/C++ ARM ECLIPSE IDE finally both were not working.
RP seems to be in love with FPGAs.
For now I don’t care if that is “Field”, “Factory” or “Not at all” programmable. If it was a bunch of hard wired TTL chips doing the DDC and DUC job, fine.

73 Werner
Werner B

Beitragvon Werner B » Sa Mär 31, 2018 7:26 am

Is it possible to compile the “sdr-transceiver-hpsdr” UDP server ( and subsets of its code ) on my VMbox and for the VMbox ?
I have tried “Make” and of cause it does not invoke the cross compiler tool chain on a x86_64 machine.

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -static -O3 -march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -D_GNU_SOURCE sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c -o sdr-transceiver-hpsdr -lm –lpthread
does not work at all.
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -static -O3 -march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -D_GNU_SOURCE -lm –lpthread sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c -o sdr-transceiver-hpsdr
will do some, with some missing arithmetic …
Both would not be usable binaries for local debug and simulation.

gcc -static -O3 -D_GNU_SOURCE sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c -o sdr-transceiver-hpsdr -lm –lpthread

gcc: error: –lpthread: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
gcc -static -O3 -D_GNU_SOURCE –lm –lpthread sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c -o sdr-transceiver-hpsdr
a longs list
sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c: In function ‘icom_write’:
sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c:334:22: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
if(uart_fd >= 0) write(uart_fd, buffer, 10);
^
/tmp/cckSHPSb.o: In Funktion `calc_log_lookup':
sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c:(.text+0x16b5): Nicht definierter Verweis auf `log10'
/tmp/cckSHPSb.o: In Funktion `process_ep2'
sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c:(.text+0x20aa): Nicht definierter Verweis auf `trunc'

/tmp/cckSHPSb.o: In Funktion `main':
sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c:(.text.startup+0xa0a): Nicht definierter Verweis auf `cos'

sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c:(.text.startup+0xb07): Nicht definierter Verweis auf `floor'
sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c:(.text.startup+0xcf6): Nicht definierter Verweis auf `pthread_attr_init'
sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c:(.text.startup+0xd08): Nicht definierter Verweis auf `pthread_attr_setinheritsched' ….

With Netbeans and Eclipse building for LINUX x86_64 is always stuck with “datagram” ?!? More or less the same error
UDP_DATAGRAM_CQ.png
and a number of subsequent errors ?

UDP_DATAGRAM2_CQ.png
“mmsghdr” should be a structure of “msghdr”s + size defined in “socket.h” ?
They are called datagrams but … where is “datagram” defined ?
Why isn’t “datagram” interpreted ?
I only would like to try and test a few minor changes to the I²C interfaces…
lets say a different approach.

73 Werner
dl1ycf

Beitragvon dl1ycf » Mi Dez 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Well, all this is somehow mixed. The definite fact is: if you ONLY want to modify sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c, you just copy this file on the RedPitaya and compile it there with

gcc -O2 -march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard sdr-transceiver-hpsdr sdr-transceiver-hpsdr.c -static -lm -lpthread

This is all you need to play around with HPSDR protocols etc., that is, as long as you do not need to modify the FPGA bitstream.

I followed this for properly implementing a TCP connection (rather than UDP), and the debugging is with printf to stderr and watching the screen.

Yours, DL1YCF