Feedback neue Funktionen, Predistortion

Software von Pavel Demin, HPSDR für den Red Pitaya
Antworten
DD8JM
Site Admin

Feedback neue Funktionen, Predistortion

Beitrag von DD8JM » So Feb 28, 2016 7:36 am

Bitte um Euer Feedback im Forum zur neuen Funktion Predistortion, damit wir Pavel eine Rückmeldung geben können. :)

73 Jörg de DD8JM
Die Bässe breit die Höhen schmal das ist der Funk aus Wuppertal.

DD8JM
Site Admin

Re: Feedback neue Funktionen, Predistortion

Beitrag von DD8JM » So Feb 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Es richtet sich an die OMs die schon die entsprechende Hardware verbaut haben und so die Software testen können.

Ich hatte heute mit Dieter (DF3DZ) gesprochen (auf die Schnell) er hatte es geteste und meinte es geht nicht.

Er wird es aber noch heute in Ruhe testen und sein Feedback abgeben.

73 Jörg de DD8JM

DD8JM
Site Admin

Beitrag von DD8JM » So Feb 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi Pavel,

here the first feedback by Dieter (DF3DZ), Dieter has much experience with SDR radio and is a good test candidate for you.

We hope that you already stuck with the following discussion, otherwise register's asking you for further testing.

Regards Jörg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Jörg, Hi Pavel,.

Thank you for the programming and the extension for the RedPitaya.

Because I run over a longer period of time of the "Hermes" Assembly with the "mRXPS OpenHPSDR" as my default I can think a comparison now for this purpose.

Following the version 0.94-881 knowledge.

In the operating mode "Hermes", the software is not usable.
The transmission power can be regulated here do not have the drive, thus the downstream amplifier always under full load is operated and the level for the predistortion is not optimally adjusted for regulating. See also the image with strong distortion of the AmpView 1.0.

I have done some experiments, where I first had to select Hermes menu to turn on "Pure Signal".
Then change to the HPSDR here should then "Pure signal" remain active.
Through various alterations of power drive and change the movements in the PureSignal menu, particularly the values in the "SetPK" I could reach a settlement.

The control range is very critical and it is not easy to optimize.
The automatic mitigation for the return signal is without function or not in use.
Here are 2 screen shots, normal operation 2 tone test with only about 20db IM3 (overdriven), then the activation signal improvement from 20 to 40db.

Basically, the control should work and be possible.

Is the Hermes Assembly or even the Anan10 or 100 in operation is the return signal is attenuated, preferably with an adjustable attenuator here up to 70 db to the reception entrance with a relay switched on. (GERD hole relay Assembly).
Here, the value of a constant "feedback level" is centered and optimized with the help of the "AmpView window display" in the bars of the modulation.

Appending a picture with almost optimal control system for approximately 1.2 KW output.
Configuration PA LV6 and Hermes Group.

Thank you for the programming and continued success.

DF3DZ, Dieter Stanke, Dortmund

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo Jörg, Hi Pavel,

vielen Dank für die Programmierung und die Erweiterung für den RedPitaya.

Da ich schon über einen längeren Zeitraum die " Hermes " Baugruppe mit der "OpenHPSDR mRXPS" als mein Standard betreibe kann ich nun hierzu einen Vergleich stellen.

Zu der Version 0.94-881 folgende Erkenntnis.

Im Betriebsmodus " Hermes" ist die Software nicht brauchbar.
Die Sendeleistung ist hier nicht über den Drive regelbar, somit wird die nachgeschaltete Endstufe immer unter Vollast betrieben und der Pegel für die predistortion kann nicht optimal für die Regelung eingestellt werden. Siehe auch das Bild mit starken Übersteuerungen vom AmpView 1.0.

Ich habe einige Versuche durchgeführt, wobei ich im Menü vorab Hermes anwählen musste um " Pure Signal " einzuschalten.
Danach wird in den HPSDR gewechselt hier soll dann " Pures Signal " aktiv bleiben.
Durch diverse Anpassungen von Sendeleistung über Drive und verändern der Prameter im PureSignal Menue, besonders der Werte im " SetPK " konnte ich eine Regelung erreichen.

Der Regelbereich ist sehr kritisch und ist nicht einfach zu optimieren.
Die automatische Abschwächung für das rückgeführte Signal ist ohne Funktion oder nicht im Einsatz.
Anbei 2 Bildschirmfotos, Normalbetrieb 2 Ton Test mit ca. nur 20db IM3 ( übersteuert ) , danach die Aktivierung mit einer Signalverbesserung von 20 auf 40db.

Grundsätzlich sollte die Regelung funktionieren und möglich sein.

Ist die Hermes Baugruppe oder auch der Anan10 oder 100 im Betrieb wird das rückgeführte Signal in abgeschwächter Form, am besten mit einem regelbaren Dämpfungsglied, hier bis zu 70 db auf dem Empfangseingang mit einen Relais aufgeschaltet. ( Gerd Loch Relaisbaugruppe ).
Hier wird im Takte der Modulation der Wert für einen gleichmässigen " Feedback Level " eingepegelt und mit Hilfe der "AmpView Fensterdarstellung" optimiert.

Anhängend ein Bild mit fast optimaler Regelung bei ca. 1.2 KW Output.
Konfiguration PA LV6 und Hermes Baugruppe.

Vielen Dank für die Programmierung und weiterhin viel Erfolg.

DF3DZ, Dieter Stanke, Dortmund
Dateianhänge
AmpView1.0.jpg
DF3DZ-IMD3 mit Rückführung.jpg
mit über 40d.jpg
ohne ca. 20db.jpg

DD8JM
Site Admin

Beitrag von DD8JM » So Feb 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Antwort von Pavel:

Hello Jörg and Dieter,

Thank you very much for the test results! It's exactly what I was looking for.

I have three questions:

1. Just to be sure. Do I understand correctly that all screenshots are taken with Red Pitaya and that Pure Signal works quite well with Red Pitaya?

2. What Red Pitaya input (IN1 or IN2) are you using for the feedback signal? I've checked the PowerSDR mRX code and found the following difference between Hermes and HPSDR configurations:
- in the Hermes configuration, RX3 is used for the feedback signal
- in the HPSDR configuration, RX1 is used for the feedback signal In my HPSDR emulation, RX1 is connected to IN1 and RX3 is connected to IN2. Because of the crosstalk, IN1 sees the IN2 signal with a ~50 dB attenuation.

3. About the Hermes vs HPSDR configuration. How do you control the Red Pitaya drive when the HPSDR configuration is used? Is it a slider or a configuration parameter?

Best regards,

Pavel

DD8JM
Site Admin

Beitrag von DD8JM » Mo Feb 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi Pavel,

here the second response by Dieter.

Greeting Jörg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Pavel, Hello Jörg,.
Thank you for the reply and the questions...

To 1.) The screen shots "without 20db" and "with 40db" have been recorded in the Redpitaya operation.
It worked but only under difficult conditions. With adjustable damping of the repatriated HF and SetPk find the setting a control could be achieved in the short term.
So the system does not work.

2.) Try to think I've used the IN2.
RX3, this is unknown to me.
In the original, there is no option of "predistortion" under HPSDR.
The Hermes building group has no RX2 or RX3 entrance. See photo...
Here we transmitting through a relay the RF from the sampler (see photo) with customized level (feedback level shows the correcting after the measurement of the broadcast in the bars green, then also green) on the RX input switched.

Zu3.) The Hermes does not work under "HPSDR", therefore "Pure Signal" cannot be selected.
As foreseen in the programming.
We here now select "Hermes", the transmitting power of the "drive" not adjustable is controller and used transmission power always 100%. This is an important prerequisite for the setting.

Requirement ...variable power under Hermes with the slider would drive.
Repatriation of the transmitting signal on IN1 as at Hermes even if techn.
not possible then IN2.

A small bug is still in the ATT, the function is reversed here. 0 dB is the muted signal.

Please see the link nr0v and HFS 15HF via google.
To improve the audibility of annexed some pictures

So, I could hope a little bit of help.

Thanks again for the optimization tests of the small red fruit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo Pavel, Hallo Jörg,
vielen Dank für die Antwort und die Fragen....

Zu 1.) Die Bildschirmfotos " ohne 20db" und " mit 40db" sind im Red Pitaya Betrieb aufgenommen worden.
Es funktionierte aber nur unter schwierigen Bedingungen. Durch regelbare Dämpfung der rückgeführten HF und suchen der Einstellung SetPk konnte eine Regelung kurzfristig erreicht werden.
So funktioniert die Regelung nicht.

Zu2.) Zu meinen Versuchen habe ich den IN2 verwendet.
Zu RX3, dieser ist mir unbekannt.
Im originalen gibt es unter HPSDR keine Wahl der " predistortion".
Die Hermes Baugruppe hat keinen RX2 oder RX3 Eingang. Siehe Foto....
Hier wir im Sendebetrieb durch ein Relais die HF vom Sampler ( siehe Foto ) mit angepassten Pegel ( Feedback Level im Takte der Sendung zeigt grün, die Correcting nach erfolgter Messung dann auch grün ) auf den RX Eingang geschaltet.

Zu3.) Die Hermes funktioniert nicht unter "HPSDR", daher kann auch "
Pure Signal " nicht angewählt werden.
In der Programmierung so vorgesehen.
Wählen wir hier nun " Hermes " an , ist die Sendeleistung über den "Drive" Regler nicht einstellbar und es wird immer mit 100% Sendeleistung gearbeitet. Das ist eine wichtige Voraussetzung für die Einstellung.

Voraussetzung wären.....variable Sendeleistung unter Hermes mit dem Schieber Drive.
Rückführung des Sendesignal auf IN1 wie bei Hermes auch, wenn techn.
nicht möglich dann IN2.

Ein kleiner Fehler noch ist im ATT , hier ist die Funktion umgekehrt. 0 dB ist das gedämpfte Signal.

Bitte den Link von nr0v und HFS-15HF über google ansehen.
Zur besseren Verständlichkeit im Anhang einige Fotos

So, hoffe ich konnte ein bisschen helfen.

Nochmals vielen Dank für die Optimierungsversuche der kleinen roten Frucht.

Dieter DF3DZ
Dateianhänge
L1070582.jpg
L1070442.jpg
schalt.jpg

Antworten